Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Team Leaders provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team in Blackhall Colliery.
The role is 33 hours a week - shifts are 8am-8pm
Abbeyvale Care Centre is a caring residential service providing accommodation for people with a variety of different issues people may experience in their lives from physical needs, old age, dementia or mental health needs. It is our aim to ensure our residents feel comfortable and completely at ease at Abbeyvale.
Together our focus is to provide a positive, homely atmosphere that, with our tailored support, will help each person living with us to achieve the goals and aspirations that are important to them. We have 42 modern en-suite bedrooms, 3 well equipped spacious communal area, a large accessible well-maintained garden area with raised flower beds. The home is also wheelchair accessible for individuals who have physical disabilities and mobility issues.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Staff do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £9.32
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Senior Support Worker Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist the senior management to assess people we support needs, with a Person-Centred Framework and the Supporting People Initiative.
- Assist to facilitate and support the people we support to integrate within their local community.
- Identifying training needs of other staff and co-ordinate training initiatives in consultation with the Registered Manager.
- Working with people we support to initiate and develop new ideas and methods regarding the quality of service delivery in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date with changes by participating in discussions, training sessions and workshops when required to do so.
- Have a full understanding of Care Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and morale by encouraging and motivating staff morale by personal example, and appearance.
- Assist the management with the co-ordination, supervision and monitoring of staff work and practices
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of resident appointments
- Assist management to organise regular (monthly) House meetings
- Administer medications when required, in line with prescription guidelines
The Ideal candidate will have:
- a Level 3 in Health and Social care
- Experience supporting adults within a residential setting
- Hold a Safe handling of medication certificate - Essential.