Senior Care assistant
36 hours per week x2
Fornham House, Fornham St.Martin, Bury St.Edmunds are recruiting for Senior Care Assistant's to join their team. The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to their daily needs.
We have 1 Senior Care assistant day role and 1 senior care assistant night role available. Both of these will be 36 hours per week. Shift pattern for the days will be 7am to 7pm and for the nights 7pm to 7am, alternate weekends will be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- NVQ level 3 with medication administration
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.