We are looking for a caring and reliable individual to work in Belvedere Lodge, our care home for elderly people with dementia.
We are looking for someone to work as part of a team to maintain the personal care needs of residents, respecting the dignity of the individual and promoting independence with a person-centred approach. We are not looking for qualifications necessarily, we need you to always see the best in people, be relaxed and go with the flow, and we can teach you the rest. Caring for people is a rewarding and a fulfilling career. We are looking for someone who is open and caring, who can make a difference to peoples’ lives, who realises the importance of comfort and closeness.
- Personal care
- Medication administering (full training given first)
- Household tasks, including laundry
- Promoting independence
- Focus on family atmosphere amongst all residents, families, friends and staff
- Accurate and detailed record keeping
- Follow company policies and procedures
- A range of activities including managerial tasks under the supervision of the Manager and Deputy Manager.
- Cover the duties of the Deputy Manager when necessary.
- Competitive pay.
- Subsidised DBS check, full payment returned after three months of employment.
- Guaranteed hours.
- Special bank holiday rates.
- Paid holidays.
- Subsidised staff uniform.
- Paid to attend comprehensive induction training.
- Paid to attend comprehensive training in all aspects of care and re-fresher courses throughout your employment.
- Option to join additional training courses including Level 2 diplomas.
- Regular paid staff meetings throughout the year. We value your input and listen to your ideas.
- Regular paid supervisions throughout the year to support your development and for you to discuss any concerns or areas you would like more support with.
- Free confidential counsellor to hand whenever needed, whether for personal or work-related issues.
- Free confidential employee stress helpline available 24/7.
- Supportive, friendly, family atmosphere to work in.
- Meals provided for staff dining together with residents.
- Employee of the Month scheme.
- Employee referral scheme.
- Recognition for staff who go the extra mile, regularly put forward for regional and national awards.
HOURS OF WORK:
Contact us today for more information and to request your application form. Please call the Home Manager Amanda on 0117 973 1163.
Take a look at our Facebook page to see more from our company and what our homes get up to.