Senior Buyer - indirects
Based in Bingley West Yorkshire
£35-40k plus benefits
The Senior Buyer is responsible for operating a higher risk / value supply base whilst delivering compliant policy and procedures throughout. They will also be managing a supply base that meets the needs of the business, utilising the resource and skills available with the UK Procurement & Office Teams. Working as part of cross functional teams to leverage best value in projects within the businesses. The Buyer will also develop high levels of internal customer satisfaction by providing a professional, accurate and timely service to all budget holders.
People management, mentoring of buyers and innovative thinking are all key attributes required for the role.
The strategic needs of the Senior Buyer would be supplier evaluation, selection, development, contract negotiation, management and optimisation of all Products & Services contracts, and will identify future opportunities whilst co-ordinating inter departmental activity to lower the overall Indirect operational costs of the business.
An essential part of the role is supplier compliance, legal issue resolution, maintaining best practice and risk management accordingly.
The Senior Buyer is also responsible for the budgetary controls needed to achieve the Office services and AOP targets. The role requires a wide breath of Purchasing Knowledge and experience to handle such varied areas as IT, HR services, telecoms, logistics, fleet, utilities, stationary, warehouse operations, JDE training, travel, cash management, all soft services and business services and is expected to add value throughout the business process.
Ensure all communication is clear and concise and build strong relationships with all levels of the business.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts in conjunction with stakeholders on behalf of budget holders. Authorisation of those contracts to follow corporate approval rules.
- Contract / total cost analysis and spend by category reports
- Creation and management of the tender and contracting process - working with major stakeholders
- Raising Purchase Orders as necessary for spot buys and contracts
- Involvement in the negotiation of contracts.
- Driving cost reduction initiatives with suppliers & within International
- Preparation prior to negotiation and Contractual preparation / Content.
- Drive down “total cost of ownership” by improving and assisting in the implementation of business process’s.
- Negotiate contracts & “spot buys” as required to lowest cost/risk for Hallmark.
- Reporting both Hard and Soft savings along with KPI measurement in an accurate, timely and proactive manner.
- Reviewing group supplies, nomination of best in class
- Assisting in product development
- Participating in value engineering initiatives
- Developing internal best practice and procedures
- KPI reports, reviewing opportunities arising
- Control and manage all negotiation processes e.g.: RFI, RFQ, etc.
- Continuing on-going evaluation of supply chain including sourcing appropriate suppliers.
- Ideally CIPS or part CIPS Qualified
- Minimum of 3 years within a specific indirects procurement or buying role
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org