Job title: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: Wisley, Surrey
Basic salary up to £45,000 pa dependent on experience + OTE of up to £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Sports Marketing Surveys Inc. is a long-established and highly respected research and consultancy agency servicing the sports-participation, equipment and venue industries. With a wealth of clients ranging from major events and federations such as The Open Championship, Wimbledon and the Bicycle Association through to global equipment brands including Adidas, Callaway and New Balance, our research arms our clients with the insights required to shape their operational and commercial strategies to maximise their return in a competitive marketplace.
We are now looking to extend our reach in two of our core sports (cycling and running) as well as broaden the sports that we operate within and have an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated Senior Business Development Manager to join our dynamic team, who can help us achieve our targets.
We will provide you with a strong and established brand to take to the market, a number of existing big-name clients and contacts to work with as well as the full support of the research team in identifying solutions to any questions posed by potential clients.
As our new Senior Business Development Manager, you will have following skills/attributes:
- Proven experience of sales/business development
- Proven history of achieving set sales targets
- Experience of working on projects with data elements at the core
- Must be a sports enthusiast!
- Drivers licence and own transport
- Strong communicator – both written and verbal
- Good listener with the ability to identify customer needs
- Confident presenter both in a board room and to large audiences at conferences
- Knowledge or ability to use CRM packages e.g. Pipedrive
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office programs - particularly Excel, Word & PowerPoint
To really impress us, you might also have:
- Knowledge/interest in the running and/or cycling industry
- Additional language skills, especially French or German
Why join us?
Alongside a competitive salary the Senior Business Development manager will also receive commission + 25 days hols + bank hols, pension at 5%, life insurance at 3 x salary, private health care, there will be options to work occasionally from home as well as from the head office, and opportunities to travel to visit our international client base.
Interested? To apply for the Senior Business Development Manager role please submit your CV today!
We provide SMART data, analysis and insight for leading sports equipment manufacturers, international and national sports federations, major sports events, speciality retailers, national and local sports venue operators.
OTE of up to £55,000 + Excellent Benefits