As part of the services to its members, the Urban Land Institute Europe, based in London, organises a suite of events, awards, webinars and educational activities, both on a European as well as on a local level. These are of strategic importance for the organisation in terms of member value proposition and financial results. ULI is now looking for an experienced events and meetings planner to work on the high-profile conferences, events and educational activities part of the European annual calendar.
The successful candidate will plan and manage the logistics of our European programme of events, awards, webinars and educational activities, ensuring high quality delivery, cost-effectiveness and member satisfaction. This position reports to the Director, Events and Education, Europe.
Plan and manage the logistics of our pan-European events and educational programmes, working with the Senior Manager and the Director of Events and Education Europe, and liaising with colleagues across Europe and in the Americas and Asia. Programmes include: the annual European Conference, the Leadership Retreat, forums, leadership events, awards, webinars and learning programmes, report launches and participation in trade events.
- Prepare and update event calendar and project timeline.
- Source venues and services vendors: create RFPs, research venues/vendors, obtain quotes and negotiate prices.
- Manage the logistics and relationships with contracted venues, audio visual, catering services, transportation, entertainment, DMC houses, print designers and sponsors.
- Create logistics grids (food and beverage, audio visual, transfers specifications).
- Book transportation for site tours and on-site management of tour participants.
- Oversee room blocks and staff rooming list and shipment of all staff materials to/from the events; create name badges.
- Prepare and compile edits of events materials (brochure, handouts, signage, information sheets for speakers and delegates) in conjunction with event owners. Manage the production of these materials and ensure they are delivered in good time.
- Implement sponsorship benefits in close collaboration with the corporate accounts team
- Create a ULI Staff Guide that serves as the primary resource and FAQ document for staff at the event.
- Coordinate onsite staffing schedule, staff trainings and venue tours at the Europe Conference
- Onsite event management: registrations, signage, A/V and F&B services coordination, assistance to speakers and delegates.
- Liaise with speakers to collect presentations and other documents from them and assist them on travel and accommodation / webinar participation.
- Arrange speaker and committee calls.
- Set up of webinars, coordinate and assist during the online session, follow up with registrants.
- Support awards processes and juries (arrange meetings/calls, prepare materials, logistics).
- Manage CPD accreditation of events, webinars and learning programmes.
- Support with marketing and comms of events, awards, webinars and learning programmes.
- Handle event/webinar invitations, including set up and management of e-mailings via our web-based system.
- Manage invitee lists, RSVPs and registration lists.
- Propose project expense budgets, ensure all services contracted are within budget and recommend alternative solutions to meet agreed budgets where necessary.
- Provide and maintain a detailed payment plan and submit invoices via ULI’s web-based system.
- Ensure registration fees are received ahead of the events.
- Run reports from meetings database and support post event follow up and evaluation.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology and make recommendations for integrating new solutions/technologies that will lead to greater efficiencies and improve the member experience.
- Minimum 3/4 years’ experience in events planning/execution.
- Proven, measurable success in the logistical management of large conferences, networking events, and other events for executive-level groups.
- Experience with hotel and facilities contract negotiations.
- Experience in setting up and running webinars is desirable.
- Flexible, collaborative, proactive and team-oriented.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to meet deadlines and follow up with final details, as well as attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities. Must be able to prioritize work and be able to manage several projects at once.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in working with high profile leaders and in an international environment is desirable.
- Experience working with or for a not-for-profit / member organisation is desirable.
- Fluency in a major European language other than English is desirable.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Availability to travel occasionally within Europe and to work occasionally in the evenings and weekends according to the event schedules.
Competitive Salary & Benefits