Job Title: Senior Acoustic Consultant
Location: Rosyth, Edinburgh
Salary: £30,000-£45,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a consultancy offering safety, environment and engineering services since 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Their team includes engineers, environmental, QEHS, process safety and energy professionals. A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto 'See a Difference' in everything that they do.
They are seeking to recruit a Senior Acoustic Consultant to join their growing team, with the potential to work from their Edinburgh (Rosyth) or Glasgow office. There is the potential to progress to Principal Acoustic Consultant and lead the firm's acoustic services for the right candidate.
- Deliver acoustic consultancy projects unassisted
- Assist the firm with business development
- Prepare written technical reports to a high standard
- Liaise with clients, local authorities and regulators
- Prepare proposals and define project budgets
- Undertake project administration and management
- An Honours or Master's Degree in Acoustics (or similar)
- Full membership of the Institute of Acoustics
Experience and competence in:
- Construction noise assessment and management plans to the BS 5228 standard
- Environmental noise impact assessment for industrial facilities to the BS 4142 standard
- Road traffic and railway noise impact assessments in support of planning applications
- Liaison with local authorities and the planning process
- UK noise policy and guidance, to include the PPC/EP regulatory regime
- Liaison with environmental regulators and the environmental permitting process
- Acoustic modelling
The following experience would also be viewed favourably:
- Industrial noise attenuation equipment solutions
- Windfarm noise impact assessments
- Be self-motivated with a desire and enthusiasm to be successful
- Have excellent personal interface and communications abilities
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have strong analytical skills
- Be a 'self-starter' and possess commercial awareness
- Have a full U.K. driving licence and clean driver record
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations. For the right candidate, the opportunity exists to work towards becoming a shareholder of the firm.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements.
Please note: Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of your salary expectations and confirm which office(s) you would consider working from.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Acoustician, Principal Acoustic Consultant, Environmental Health Officer, Acoustic Impact Assessor, Construction Environmental Compliance Consultant, Noise Engineer, Construction Acoustics Manager, EHO, Acoustic Assessor, Principal Consultant, Environmental Impact Assessment, Noise Consultant, Environmental Impact Consultant, Environmental Contracts Consultant, Environmental Consultant, Noise Assessor, Acoustics Consultant, Environmental Compliance Manager, Noise Pollution Consultant may also be considered for this role.
£30,000.00 - £45,000.00 per year