What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Accounting Transformation Manager, you’ll lead a team charged with the successful delivery of a key strategic initiative across EMEA. You’ll lead the team’s work and ensure the ongoing accuracy and efficiency that the Finance team is known for. You will also create a high-performing team environment by providing clarity, your expertise, and performance feedback. You’ll constantly watch for ways to use technology to streamline our processes in new and more efficient ways.
Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day – because here, better matters.
Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Leading the team and establishing priorities for project management of EMEA accounting transformation.
- Leading complex accounting and compliance projects.
- Leading complex analytical assignments, projects, and preparation of accounting-related reports.
- Creating and guiding P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow reporting for multiple countries and legal entities.
- Leading the month-end close, financial statement analysis, and other tasks related to the maintenance and/or reconciliation of accounting records.
- Supporting the Director of EMEA Accounting and International Reporting.
- Supporting international statutory filings, including annual accounting and other governmental compliance and providing guidance to others.
- Coordinating and providing oversight to activities related to internal controls, documentation and testing and segregation of duties (Sarbanes Oxley or local equivalent, where applicable).
- Interacting with stakeholders from within and outside of the Accounting organization to respondin an accurate and timely fashion.
- Maintaining on-going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation, and related matters.
- Leading accounting projects to ensure compliance and adherence to controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Contributing efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures, and policies.
- Leveraging system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
- Planning, structuring, and establishing deadlines for work activities and monitoring the progress and results.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Experience working in an accounting role for large or medium-sized multinational companies.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience leading teams and influencingothers.
- Experience with Shared Service Centers within global publically traded companies.
- Experience managing activities across countries, including full P&L and Balance Sheet management and the transitioning of activities.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related subject
- Experience ofdesigning and implementing accounting systems, running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Accounting certification.
- Big 4 Accounting/Advisory/Audit experience.
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance.
- Experience in the technology or Telecomsindustry.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, CPM/Essbase, and Blackline.
- The ability to effectively plan while leveraging sound judgment.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-paced environment while maintaining a strong eye for detail.
- Expertise in international business and accounting practices and processes, including local statutory reporting in IFRS and US GAAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Fluency in other EMEA-based languages.
- Willingness to travelas required within the role
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.