What you’ll be doing...
What you’ll be doing…
As a Strategic Outsourcing Senior Accounting Manager, you’ll be accountable for overseeing accounting responsibilities across EMEA using both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS with an emphasis on strategic outsourcing of EMEA Accounting. You’ll be a key contributor in organizing the team’s outsourcing including compliance work and ensuring the accuracy and efficiency that our Finance team is known for. You’ll create a high-performing team environment by providing clarity, expertise, and developmental feedback. As well, you’ll be on constant lookout for ways to use technology to streamline our processes. Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day—because here, better matters. Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Overseeing the completion of complex analytical assignments and preparing accounting-related reports.
- Supporting the Director of EMEA Accounting and International Reporting with accounting, analyzing, and reporting on general ledger transactions.
- Contributing to the month-end close, financial statement analysis, and other tasks related to the maintenance and/or reconciliation of accounting records.
- Coordinating closely with the Outsourcers and Finance teams to ensure complete and accurate accruals and simplify processes.
- Coordinating and overseeing activities relative to internal controls, documentation, and testing and segregation of duties (Sarbanes Oxley or local equivalent, where applicable).
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries related to the group’s activities.
- Maintaining on-going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation, and related matters.
- Leading accounting projects to ensure compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, procedures, and policies for the group.
- Leveraging systems and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
- Planning, structuring, and establishing deadlines for work activities by the appropriate party, including Outsourcers. Subsequently, monitoring the progress and results of activities.
- Managing and reporting out on Outsourcer performance.
- Leading the strategic expansion of the current outsourcing model, covering Accounting and Compliance.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Relevant work experience.
- Accounting experience working for a medium or large-sized company.
- Direct project management experience (i.e., initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing projects).
- Experience managing the activities of Outsourcers, preferably in multiple countries within the Region and with experience of transitioning activities to/from outsourcers.
- Prior leadership experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- A Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and applications (e.g., SAP, CPM/Essbase, Backline).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Skilled at findings ways to transform complex processes into simple solutions.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP, IFRS accounting.
- Experience leading a team and establishing and maintaining credibility due to your subject matter expertise.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
- Detail orientation and time management skills.
- Familiarity with international business and accounting practices and processes, including local statutory reporting in IFRS and US GAAP.
- Expertise in accounting to allow for the review and analysis of others’ work (including Outsourcers).
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Fluency in multiple languages used in EMEA.
- CPA certification (or local equivalent).
- Big Four accounting/advisory/auditing experience.
- Demonstrated Shared Service Center experience within a global, publicly traded company.
- Experience designing and implementing accounting systems, running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis.
- The ability to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.