Location: East London
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hans Hung & Co. is an Approved Training Practice regulated by The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, providing comprehensive accounting services to the small and medium-sized sole traders, partnerships and limited companies registered in the UK and overseas.
Our dedicated and highly trained team of staff takes pride in offering a friendly, professional and cost-effective approach. With their expertise and extensive experience, we deliver efficient accountancy services and give sound taxation advice.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a confident, well organised and experienced accountant for our practice based in East London. You will be a part of a small team of hardworking, dedicated staff and will play an integral role to our business. This is a reactive and proactive role that requires someone with the necessary relevant knowledge, attention to detail, strong organisational skills, good communication and telephone manner.
- Prepare financial statements for a range of small and medium sized firms, including limited companies, partnerships and sole traders, self assessment tax returns and submission to the HMRC
- Prepare annual financial statements, quarterly/annual management accounts and cash flow forecast for clients as required
- Advise clients on Corporation tax, Personal tax and Partnership tax liability
- Supervise and review the work of other staff, managing work schedule and deadlines
- Ability to communicate with clients via emails, telephone or meeting in person
- Respond to telephones, letters and email enquiries from HM Revenue & Custom on
- Self Assessment, VAT, PAYE and Corporation tax enquiries and investigations
- Fully or nearly qualified accountant
- At least 3 years of experience working in an accountants' practice
- Experienced in using BTC, VT, Quick Book, Sage, Excel, Word and other common software
- Attention to detail, good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin (Essential)
- No restrictions to work in the UK
To apply to our vacancy for the Senior Accountant role, please click on Apply to submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.