Senior Accountant (Italian Speaker)
On behalf of our client, an established and professional company based in East London, operating in the accountancy and tax consultancy sector, Injob UK & Ireland is now looking to hire a talented and passionate.
Senior Accountant (Italian Speaker)
Managing accounts and oversee the firm's day-to-day operations (i.e. preparation and submission of financial statements, VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat declarations and CIS returns; payments for customers and suppliers; general administration duties; etc.). The successful candidate will supervise a small team of junior accountants and assist them in providing estimable levels of services to a broad range of clients, from well-established companies to high net worth individuals.
Direct Report: Junior Accountants
- Supervising, coaching and supporting a small team of junior accountants and guiding the team through deadlines and challenging tasks.
- Facilitating goal-level creation for the broader function and working with the Director to ensure the goals' cascade to all workers.
- Managing the clients' bank accounts, i.e. payments for customers and suppliers, general administration duties.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat declarations and CIS returns.
- General Bookkeeping for the production of management accounts. Support clients in drawing up detailed financial budgets; cash flow statements, revenue/cost analysis are the other leading keys.
- Management of Payroll and related end of the year declarations. Drafting of employment contracts and further advice on dealing with employees.
- Preparation and review of Personal Tax Computations and Returns, Statutory Accounts for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships.
- Investigation and due diligence on potential clients, partners or acquisition targets by clients.
- Acting as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with new queries and ensuring that any HMRC inquiries are managed promptly and effectively.
- Tax planning advice on income tax and consultancy on residence, domicile and remittance basis, OWR, dealing with requests for certificates of residence and DTA with other EU countries.
- Conduct independent client listening and attend client relationship reviews with the managing director. Implement any actions required to respond to the client feedback.
- Communicating financial and goal results and key performance indicators to the Director.
- Minimum of five years' in accountancy practice or related environment, with at least two years in a similar supervisory role.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, laws and regulations.
- Able to work autonomously and coordinate a small team.
- Accurate and detailed oriented.
- Able to deal with client enquiries in a timely and precise manner.
- Confident and Team Player.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel, accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero, Freeagent) and tax filing software (IRIS, TaxCalc, Tax Filer).
- Ideals candidates would also have:
- Qualified by experience or AAT minimum.
- Proficiency in English and Italian, a third language (French, Spanish) would be an asset.
- Salary: £35,000 per year + OTE depending on experience.
- Working Hours: 9 am to 6 pm - Monday to Friday.
- Contract: Full time permanent.
- The successful candidate will be able to work in an environment where he/she can get many opportunities for potential development and future growth.
- Location: London
In Job UK & Ireland are an equal opportunity employer.