Lear Corporation is ranked #147 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, Michigan, Lear maintains 257 locations in 38 countries around the globe and employs approximately 156,000 employees. Lear is traded under the symbol [LEA] on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Account Manager will befully accountable for all commercial related matters on specified Inter Company JIT accounts, such as quoting new business, managing Engineering change and prototype build costs, whilst also developing & executing plans to achieve growth and profitability.
- Identify key customers, stakeholders, influential buyers, peer relationships and develop a plan to create a strong internal & external networks
- Negotiate/defend price impacts resulting from OEM/Tier-1 demanded engineering changes
- Use of Lear company wide systems such as PLM, eSRM, SAP to control changes
- Customer pricing management: mitigation of any impacts caused by raw material price movements and annual price negotiations
- Ensure pricing offered meets financial-return targets by utilising program lifetime financial analysis tools such as APR
- Defend existing pricing against competitor pricing and proactively work on cost reduction ideas.
- Ensuring and maintaining records of capital investment, tooling and piece price recovery
- Demonstrate Purchase order accuracy and control
- Work with regional Foam Plants to identify business opportunities and forecast projected sales through long-term forecast (LRP)
- Develop business opportunities through strategic-selling methods
- Support Foam Plant with near-term forecasts and price-movement trackers, as well as documentation for any needed financial reserves
- Ability to work with MS PowerPoint, Word, Project, Excel
- Automotive experience
- Proven record of Sales/Commercial negotiation
- Experience in Project Work