Propeller Group Limited is a global PR agency with their global headquarters based in London. They are looking to recruit a Senior Account Executive to work across a number of clients, reporting into Account Managers and Account Directors across the range of clients and directly reporting into an Account Manager or Account Director.
Key responsibilities and duties under the role include:
- Assisting with day-to-day execution of client programmes, as directed by your account manager/director, and providing reliable support.
- Client contact on day-to-day matters, including preparation for, attending, contributing to client meetings, when relevant and taking minutes.
- Taking initiative in identifying new opportunities and ideas, working in consultation with account manager/director.
- Developing good media contacts in areas relevant to client activity. Researching and writing news releases and features for internal approval.
- Liaison with media re forthcoming features, pro-active role in selling in ideas, promotions and features. Where necessary providing media lists.
- Producing work that is consistently of high standard and needs minimal re-working.
- Ensuring that client reporting procedures (contact reports, progress reports, record of programme changes, agendas etc) are implemented, and in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that coverage is sent through to the intern and is correctly attributed
- Keeping up-to-date with clients’ markets, business and products and developing a good understanding of issues affecting clients’ business.
- Attending brainstorms on new business, desk research and contributing to new business proposals.
- Where necessary, maintaining client hard copy and computer files and preparing press coverage analysis.
- Updating Propeller’s in-house measurement and reporting system ‘Runway’ with inputs and tasks.
- Creating weekly reports through use of ‘Runway’
- Collating key documents ahead of client MOT’s
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience to undertake this role:
- Be well versed in PR techniques: media relations, event management etc and be skilled in applying these.
- Expertise in advertising, advertising technology or the media industry.
- Writing skills, including press releases, opinion pieces, contact and other client reports.
- Database management skills
- Knowledge of how to conduct desk research
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to identify priorities and manage own time efficiently.
- IT skills (producing documents, e-mail, use of Excel spreadsheets, search etc.)
- Understanding of how the different communications disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, public relations) work, and how their roles relate in a communications programme.
Additionally, the applicant will need the following attributes:
- Results orientation
- Team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Literacy and numeracy
- Comfortable with technology
- Eager to learn and take responsibility
To apply for this role, please send your application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be 6th December 2019.