VSI (breakdown) / Semi Skilled PCV Fitter
£10.35 per hour
We are looking for a 'can-do', enthusiastic and motivated individual who is capable of working under their own initiative at the side of the road or as part of the team in assisting with service and repair of our large and varied fleet of 250 vehicles at our state of the art engineering workshop in Bolton.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor on shift, your focus will be vehicle fault diagnosis and repair, servicing and parts replacement.
We are looking for a semi skilled PCV fitter capable of attending roadside breakdowns, so a driving licence is essential. Don't worry if you have had limited exposure to vehicle types, training will be provided. However, candidates from backgrounds in related fields, such as the truck / haulage industries within an engineering setting, will also be considered.
You will be required to work 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, this will include Saturday but not Sunday working as per the rota, with a day off in the week to compensate for any Saturdays worked.
- Attending PCV breakdowns at the roadside
- Undertaking an assessment as to whether vehicle is repairable and able to continue in service by way of minor repair complaint with DVSA standards
- Advise workshop supervisors/Engineering Manager if unable to resolve issue at roadside
- Carrying out repairs on a variety of vehicle types
- Maintain and complete vehicle and Company documentation
- Liaising with the parts department to attain correct parts to attend breakdown
- Ensuring health & safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience as a semi-skilled breakdown Fitter/Mechanic/Engineer
- Possession of car driving licence
- Competitive Salary
- Free employee travel pass scheme