An established and very successful family-owned business who specialise in growing, packing and distributing a variety of root vegetables, brassicas and salads.
Supplying some of the major supermarkets in the UK as well as independent retailers, wholesalers, food service, caterers and food manufacturing sectors standards are consistently very high, and a strong management team ensure these standards are maintained at all times.
Due to our continued expansion; Huntapac, Tarleton is looking to recruit a new team member to carry out planned maintenance and breakdowns to our FMCG lines. Within a fast-paced production environment, we are looking for a semi-skilled, experienced maintenance engineer.
This role would suit a multi-faceted mechanical maintenance engineer, who is practical and understands how machines are built, in order to maintain production lines.
In order to apply, you should be professional, highly motivated, enthusiastic, have excellent problem fixing skills and as this is a very small team, be very much a team player who can also work autonomously.
The ideal applicant will possess:
- a strong mechanical background within manufacturing,
- basic fabrication/welding and fitting duties etc.
- the skill set to be able to change worn parts that are reducing the performance of the equipment
- experience in maintenance of conveyor system (advantageous)
- basic electrical knowledge and experience (advantageous)
- a determined and enthusiastic attitude
- a very pragmatic approach to finding a solution and then following through in order to fix the problem
- a proactive approach to Health & Safety
- basic computer skills
- strong communication skills at all levels
- a full clean driving licence
This recruitment opportunity offers the successful candidate a competitive salary.