Wilson James provides services to some of the world's most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our team based in Immingham - You will be working at one of our prestigious clients and it is the UK's number one link in supply chains serving businesses and manufacturers throughout the nation.
As the Supervisor you will be responsible for supporting the Site Manager in the coordination of all aspects of the security operation. To manage and fulfil duties required at the sites, closely supervise the security team, ensure constant adherence to standards, policies and procedures and delivery of an efficient and effective service. To lead the security team in a professional manner in accordance to the site-specific Assignment Instructions
Summary of role
- To supervise a Security Team and ensure that it is well motivated, informed, focused and clear about its roll and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate motivation and formalised development training of staff to meet and exceed contractual requirements.
- Maintain fair and consistent grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Arrange extra cover, standby and replacement SO's as required.
- Arrange, where necessary, for additional security cover as required including ad hoc and holiday cover.
- Ensure intra-team communications are maintained and issues dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- Support all security operations in compliance with all Statutory, Company, Legal and Contractual requirements.
- Ensure adequate and timely responses to incidents and changed customer requirements.
- Ensure 100% manning of the site at contracted levels with regular shift patterns and with trained and qualified staff.
- Work in partnership with colleagues, ensuring all aspects of Site Security and all site related Health & Safety requirements are effectively managed.
- To be the main contact for all security matters.
- To be the focal point for all Security, Health and Safety related issues.
- Fully understand the use of all IT systems and applications and to monitor the correct application of the IT Security Policy.
- To maintain liaison with relevant local, external agencies (e.g. Police, Fire) on a regular basis.
- To arrange and to assist in maintaining manning levels for periods of training, holiday etc.
- Provide first line management tasks including but not limited to Return to Work interviews
- To ensure that your SIA/CCTV Licence is on display at all times while at work
- Any additional reasonable duties requested by operational management
Excellent training and development, SIA licence costs, annual leave entitlement, auto enrolment pension scheme, death in service benefit
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Current SIA Licence (Door Supervisor or Security Guard)
- First Aid at Work certificate
- IT Skills - Word & Excel
- Timegate experience
- Experience of supervising a security team
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
9.31 - 9.31 per hour
see job spec
see job spec