What you’ll be doing...
The Security Solutions Architect (SA) serves as the technical design authority and architectural expert to support sales opportunities across the entire Security portfolio.You will engage in complex, strategic sales opportunities directly, and serve as the technical SPOC for such pursuits, leading teams of Engineers and delegating as necessary.You will be capable of working independently on deals of various sizes and complexity, with general direction from leadership.You will consult with our customer’s technical and business owners to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our portfolio, and help execute that strategy within the sales and delivery organizations. Qualified candidates will possess experience in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on security technologies and architectures, compliance and regulatory drivers, and risk management frameworks.
The Security SA will act as final arbiter of solution elements, and technical editor of proposal narratives.Your role in the sales cycle is to own, lead, and direct the technical elements of the opportunity, including customer presentation, requirements gathering, solution design, quote creation, and administrative support.You will:
- Participate in business discussions including defining support roles, service levels, pricing structure, and program management, and engage third party providers as necessary to complete the solution.
- Support their Vertical or Regional Sales Management team(s), Partner Channels, Strategic Account Managers, and other sales engagement teams.
- Engage SME’s for assistance when necessary and appropriate.
- Participate in collecting customer requirements, presenting company capabilities including performing live demonstrations and representing the company during commercial events and trade shows.
- Serve a critical role in ensuring that all quoted solutions are supportable and manageable by the company including validating SLA language and fitness for operational stability.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant work experience.
- Experience in a relevant business or technical field.
- Knowledge in more than one ofthe following areas:
- Cyber Intelligence and Analytics
- Security Policy Assessment & Development
- Global Managed Security Services
- Threat and Risk Intelligence
- Vulnerability Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Security & Network Architecture
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Architecture experienceinvolving conceptualization, definition and development of security based products and services.
- Experience in developing and delivering technical presentations, and tailoring content to the audience as appropriate.
- Experience of working in a commissionable, high velocity sales environment with monthly quotas.
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and following documented processes and procedures.
- Experience inworking with large enterprises.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A Masters degree.
- Industry certification, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, CCSK, Security+
- Technology certification, such as Cisco, BlueCoat, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec.
- Proven ability to articulate technical differentiation and value proposition against competitors.
- Strong experience (and involvement) with commonly used security concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar Sales Automation software including custom report generation.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.