An award-winning industry leader in Security Professional Services is looking for a Security Operator to join their team in Edinburgh.
They are one of the UK's leading independent Security Consulting teams, providing large customers with security operations centres and long-term partnerships. This is a new exciting area of Security - you will work as part of a team in a Security Operations Centre, ensuring the safety and security of colleagues through following set standards and procedures as directed by management.
Reporting to the Senior Operator, you will ensure that all activities within the operations centre environment are carried out on a 24/7 basis. Full training will be given on the job.
About the Security Operator role:
- Dealing with security queries received and making sound business decisions
- Ensuring any incidents raised are actioned in an appropriate manner
- Assimilating information quickly and being able to action with speed
- Completing templates, and compiling information as required
- Ensuring that security policies and procedures are applied and adhered to at all time
- Responding to calls quickly
- Ability to operate computers / Outlook (essential)
- Customer services experience (essential)
- Call centre experience (desirable)
- Ability to work in a busy call centre environment
- Ability to follow and correctly interpret detailed operational instructions
- Ability to work to the standards for secure and restricted area access
- Clarity of thought, a proven ability to make informed decisions and appreciation of the consequences of actions
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Strong oral communication and confidence with dealing with individuals at all levels
- Good team worker
- The company will be looking to actively promote opportunities to develop skills in Security with a structured development plan for each team member
- Structured training programme included that will provide industry certifications Healthy work-life balance - they don't expect their team to do long stays away from home
- Very collaborative team - their consultants share ideas and technology advice every day in a close-knit and progressive culture
- They reward their staff for exceptional performance
- The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience in and job titles including: Security Operator, Operations, Security, Customer Service Executive, Security Agent, Call Centre Agent, may be considered.
£19,000.00 - £20,500.00 per year