A key member of the Security Governance Managers team responsible for operational compliance and governance within the contract, ensuring security service operations meet all current legislative, statutory and security industry standards and requirements.
The Security Operational Audit and Compliance Officer will report to the OCS Security Governance Manager, supporting operational activity, and conducting independent audit and testing of all operational processes, including anonymous security penetration testing in court and tribunal buildings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Auditing compliance within the Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS) contract’s Service Delivery Plan documentation, including assignment instructions and SSOPs
- Working with the Quality & Performance function to analyse and report on audit results to enable continuous improvement of services, facilitating improvement initiatives as required
- Assisting in the coaching and mentoring of operational supervisors and Area Security Managers in the requirements of the Service Delivery Plan, required methods of working, and behaviours supporting the contract’s culture change programme
- Conducting search penetration tests at HMCTS premises
- Analysing and reporting on search penetration test results to identify trends and priorities for improvement in performance
- Helping monitor performance of security service subcontractors (alarm monitoring and keyholding) and report issues and risks to the SGM
- Assisting in the update and consistency of assignment instructions content across the contract
- Monitoring and supporting uniform and appearance standards across the contract
- Working with the HR & Training Manager to ensure operational training and vetting records are maintained in accordance with SSOP requirements
- Ensuring expiry and refresher dates for operational training and qualifications are recorded and managed
- Auditing and assisting Helpdesk operations, including ensuring scheduling on Timegate is completed correctly and efficiently
- Documenting and advising on changes to processes, procedures and methods of working, enabling update of the IMS
- Liaising with and supporting HSQE Advisors and operational teams in meeting the contract’s health, safety and sustainability objectives
- A good educational standard
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Essential – an understanding of a Manned Guarding environment and a knowledge of legislative, statutory and security industry standards and requirements
- Desirable - Experience working on the HMCTS Contract with Courts and Tribunal Security Officers
- Actively encourages high standards, seeking to improve team and organisation improvements
- A career within the Manned Guarding environment or similar role within service sector
- Experienced in providing accurate high-level information
- Understanding of an audit, governance or compliance role
- The ability to record and report data accurately
- A team player
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support