Job Reference: SO-S141-JUL20
Wilson James is a leading provider of safe, secure, customer-led solutions to more than 300 clients across the UK and Europe. We have been raising standards for 25 years across three core service lines; security, construction logistics and business services.
This role is to ensure the safety of the public and staff across the site/building and supervise contractors working on site. When necessary, to respond to enquiries from members of the public politely, helpfully and confidently, directing customers to the appropriate sources of help.
- General gate house including Checking passes,visitors, signing in when required monitoring traffic flow
- Monitoring cctv keeping correct logs
- Stop and searches to be carried out all documented and carried out in a professional manner
- Avoid words that are open to interpretation - for example instead of "handle incoming mail" use "sort and distribute incoming mail"
- Driving tagged patrols of the port estate along with foot patrols issuing and checking parking permits working alongside car parking company
- Any additional reasonable duties requested by operational management
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Basic IT Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to deal calmly and confidently with all demands from the public.
- First Aid at Work certificate
- VHF radio course ship to shore
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
8.72 - 8.72 per hour
See job spec
See job spec