We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic induvial to join our dynamic team on a Permanent basis. This role is perfect for anyone who is looking to stay within the Security industry or looking to start a new career in Security.
The Role of Security Officer is to provide a security service at the working location which is in line with the Assignment Instructions set by our client / customer in order to protect their employees, property and other assets.
We pride ourselves by providing our employees with a chance to build a career within the Security sector by enabling them to gain qualifications and accreditation which will lead to a successful career here at Securitas.
Although demanding, a Security Officer role with Securitas will allow you to demonstrate your exemplary customer service skills as you engage with customers, clients and visitor. throughout each shift, whilst remaining alert to security issues and keeping everyone safe.
Every Customer deserves the best service possible. Although you may have previously occupied a 'traditional' Security role, we are looking for exceptional individuals who have the drive and enthusiasm to take their service to the next level working on an International scale
The main duties and responsibilities as a Security Officer are to prevent and deter unauthorised access to site and monitor fire alarms, intruder alarms and CCTV as appropriate.
You will be conducting external and internal security patrols as detailed in the Assignment Instructions.
You will be carrying out routine tests of security equipment where appropriate and managing keys and perform locking and unlocking duties as detailed in the Assignment Instructions.
You will be ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed at all times and record and report all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices to supervisor/manager whilst reporting / recording all accidents in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
There is an element of loss and waste prevention where you will be reporting any instances of property being lost, stolen, damaged and/or vandalised.
During all duties you will display the highest standard of personal presentation and smartness of uniform to maintain the image of Securitas and the customer.
With roots dating back to the 1930s, we've seen - and been a part of - ground-breaking changes within the security industry. We are now looking for a number of new Security Officers to join our team, to operate across a number of client sites and if this sounds like an organisation that you can contribute to, then we want to hear from you.
This a place where you can come to develop a career, with access to training and the ability to gain qualifications,, you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility. Our people are empowered and are not micro-managed We trust people to do a good job and make a difference every day. And we recognise our employee's efforts and achievements through our 'you make a difference awards' and quarterly 'community award' schemes.
- Physical security of the clients Centre and associated buildings / areas.
- Security of resources, Assets and property
- Security of people while working on site or within the organisational boundaries.
- Data / Information security awareness and promotion of best practice.
- Brand and reputational protection of Securitas.
Skill Requirements and Expectations:
- Excellent communication and customer Service.
- Professional and presentable at all times.
- Able to conduct extensive patrols of buildings using stair ways and also access remote areas of the site.
- An active interest in, and commitment to the client.
- Positivity and a " Can do " approach to tasks.
- Carry out any reasonable management request in line with the requirements of the contract or the client.
- Work in line with policies and procedures, with recognition to mutually agreed assignment instructions and role profiles / Job descriptions.
- Work to key performance indicators (KPI) and accept performance against these indicators.
- FAAW - First Aid at Work Certificate
- Security experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
- 'Meet and Greet' previous front desk / concierge experience.
- Confident with the use of IT and security systems
Securitas is the leading global security services provider employing more than 345,000 people scanning 58 markets, throughout North America, Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In the UK, Securitas employs over 10,000 people, providing Protective Services to a wide range of clients from small local businesses, to national and global corporations, and even international airports. Its operational centre in Milton Keynes provides support to the largest mobile fleet in the UK. It also houses the industry first Training and Development Academy with accreditation from City & Guilds. Securitas' focus is on security and its ability to offer real value through its six Protective Services, including Fire and Safety. Unique within the industry, its focused service offering is a key differentiator in all the markets in which it operates. With its global footprint, Securitas is at the forefront of innovation, moving the industry towards predictive security by harnessing 'big data' to provide intelligent, pro-active solutions
9.00 - 9.27 per hour