Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity in London with a prestigious law company. We are looking for an experienced Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate of £11.00 per hour. You will report into the sites security operation’s manager.
- Arrive on duty on time and in the correct uniform as per Site Instructions
- Promote/ represent Mitie and Slaughter and May in a positive and professional manner at ALL times and deliver excellent customer service
- Must have strong written skills and excellent verbal communication
- Smart appearance at all times along with a welcoming personality
- Carry out a thorough handover on shift changeover
- Ensure you have read and understood the site’s Risk Assessments
- Ensure Site duties are carried out as per Client / Assignment Instructions and in a professional manner
- Report to Site Manager / Shift Supervisor any breaches of Site discipline
- Co-ordinate the safe evacuation of all personnel and contractors from premises when required
- Issue and delete all staff / contractor & permit passes as per instructions
- Undertake bag searches of contractors and to record findings
- Undertake any Site training including refresher training on a regular basis as per Site Instructions and Site requirements
- Carry out daily checks of the following: passes / keys / search registers and to conduct and audit as per instructions
- Carry out any other reasonable instruction / task as instructed by Line Management or the Client
- Complete paperwork, reports and carry out all administration tasks correctly and accurately
- Immediately report any site defects, health and safety concerns or security risks to line management and the appropriate Slaughter and May head of department.
- Ability to contribute to the team
- Attention to detail
- MUST be Fully flexible to cover weekends & bank holidays.
- Customer focused approach
- SIA licence (SG, DS or CP)
- Strong communication skills
- MUST Have strong IT Skills
- First Aid at Work certificate
- CCTV licence.
Minimum of 42 hours a week, Various days, nights and weekends
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable