Security Engineer - InfoSec
The ever changing retail market with multichannel capabilities driven by evolving technologies and interactive customer-focused applications is an attractive target for attackers. As a Security Engineer, you will be part of the Security Engineering team which supports the enterprise-wide effort to ensure the companies’ technical defences are fit for purpose.
As Security Engineer you will be expected to work with IT operations to ensure that network defences are in place and up to date and working with application development and engineering teams to ensure that applications are integrated into a coherent security architecture.
- Working closely with Network Analysts and Infrastructure Service Providers to ensure security technologies are operational and effective;
- Produces and analyses reports on intrusion detection/prevention systems, log analysis and Data Loss Prevention (DLP);
- Driving technical remediation efforts to reduce information security risks across the Dixons Carphone estate
- Propose technical security solutions to fix known risks, issues and vulnerabilities
- Executes operational plans for security incident response services within the DDC
- Assists in the development of processes and procedures for cyber security monitoring and incident response
- Provides analytical tool support to parties performing analysis on large sets of data;
- Implements processes and procedures to support an operational Intelligence Lifecycle.
- Supports crisis events with intelligence collection, analysis and/or dissemination
- Refines “hunting grounds” to limit the amount of in-scope data for hunts and provide additional context to findings;
- Provides guidance and suggestions for hunting activities;
- Hunts through existing sets of data to understand what is normal and what is abnormal;
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in security incident response, security analytics, cyber threat intelligence and security threat hunting;
- Extensive experience with common security analytics, threat intelligence, security case management and other information security platforms;
- Strong interpersonal skills and be approachable for all members of staff;
- Detailed knowledge of security standards and guidance such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard of Good Practice etc.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Bachelor degree in a related field such as information security, management or computer engineering;
- Active CISSP certifications;
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.