Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a Security Consultant to join the team based in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £45,000 per annum plus excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation as the world’s most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits to our Security Consultant:
- Salary – circa £45,000
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week with flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Security Consultant to provide cyber security advice and guidance to the business, projects and IT teams, enabling the organisation to meet its strategic aspirations. We are looking for somebody who will:
- Maintain and issue the catalogue of security non-functional requirements to projects. Advise, review and sign off security testing strategies against requirements
- Conduct gap analysis and risk assessment activities throughout the project life cycle and make recommendations to address and mitigate risks that are out of appetite
- Ensure that residual project risks are documented and accepted or transferred to risk owners at project closure
- Advise on the scope of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review the results and provide recommendations for risks out of appetite
- Contribute to the development of the organisations cyber security strategies, security non-functional requirements, Technology Reference Models, security policies and standards
- Participate in the Ordnance Survey Central Control Team, providing advice and guidance during a major incident
Skills and experience required to be our Security Consultant:
- Knowledge of IT, network security, Windows and Linux platforms
- Good knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms, such as Azure, AWS, Oracle
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management tooling, Malware Defence, Identity & Access Management, Security Incident Event Management, Encryption Technologies, Secure Software Lifecycle and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards, including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, NIST, CIS, NCSC Cloud Security Principles, NCSC 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- Minimum three years in a security consultancy or advisor role
- You should have one or more formal cyber security certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Security Manager certification (CISM).
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join our team as our Security Consultant.
Closing date: 8th November 2018