A Security Consultant is required for a contract position with an Aeronautic Defence and Space Corporation. A current full UK driving licence, UK passport and travel overseas are essential attributes to meet job objectives.
Location: Portsmouth with occasional travel
Duration: 3 months - expected to extend.
Skills and Experience required of the Security Consultant:
- Degree level in Information Technology or related discipline with demonstrable cyber security content;
- Recognised professional qualification in cyber security;
- Experience in a cyber security related role in UK Government, commercial enterprise or industry;
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Degree level in Information / Cyber Security or related discipline;
- Current certification in CISSP and / or CISM;
- UK Government experience of Cyber / Network / Information Security;
- Project Management experience or programme delivery in a HMG / CNI /List X organisation where RMADS, HMG SPF and/or JSP 440 were applied;
- Experience in the compliance and accreditation of UK Government IT systems;
- An understanding of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus, NIS directive and GDPR.
Role and Responsibilities of the Security Consultant:
- To support UK governmental networks and enable the wider business function of the client.
- Represent IM Security and deliver advice, guidance and influence security in project delivery as well as the day to day interaction at all levels.
- Provide pragmatic guidance on security policy / process to projects and the wider business;
- Assist or lead in the development and reporting of Security metrics from across the business and generate meaningful management reporting;
- Support the IM community, the business and customer projects in creating solutions in compliance with national regulation, technical requirements and business processes;
- Provide guidance and advice in all aspects of cyber security for the implementation of information systems by using risk management techniques;
- Champion best practice and standards through active engagement with colleagues and the business and instigate awareness campaigns and initiatives in support of IM Security goals;
- Develop and deliver cyber security education activities that increase managers' and employees' awareness of the cyber threat and encourage the adoption of appropriate behaviours.
For more information, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age