We are current recruiting for roles in our Security Operations Centre for a Level 3 (L3) security analyst. Analysts in Cygilant operate at the front lines of cyber security, actively reviewing and analyzing data to identify potential threats to our customers worldwide. The best candidates are inquisitive, eager to learn and possess a clear passion for the security industry.
Applicants should have 3+ years’ experience in cyber security or related disciplines, and be looking for their next career move to a more senior role with elements of technical leadership.
- Analysis of security incidents using a selection of industry leading SIEMs
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Work with internal partner teams with customer outcomes at the core
- Threat Intelligence gathering with a focus on delivery of detection for new threats
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring L1&2 Security Analysts
Education and Experience
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Commensurate technical industry experience
Required Skills and Competencies
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility
- Deep understanding & familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Significant understanding & familiarity of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Deep understanding & experience with fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
- Evidence of practical experience in defensive system hardening or system exploitation
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Experience in writing scripts for the purpose of automation, preferably in python
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Experience working with a SIEM
- Experience in a Security Engineering role
- Experience in a customer facing security role
- Experience mentoring, supervising, or leading security analysts or IT professionals
- Experience working in a shift based environment
- Experience in exploit development or reverse engineering
NB. Consummate relevant experience may be accepted in place of missed criteria.
Cygilant Company Profile
At Cygilant we believe that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program. We deliver world leading products and services for Self-managed SIEM, Managed SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Patch & Vulnerability Management, and Security Partnerships.
We’ve built a strong team of high performing security experts and support staff, and we’re constantly looking for new talent in our global sites - Boston (US) & Belfast (UK). Our goal is to be the #1 customer focused organization in the cyber security industry, by continually delivering demonstrable customer security value through all of our partnerships, products, and services.