We are current recruiting for SOC Level 1 Analysts to join our growing Security Operations Centre in Belfast in Summer 2021. Analysts in Cygilant operate at the front lines of cyber security, actively reviewing and analysing data to identify potential threats to our customers worldwide. The best candidates are inquisitive, eager to learn and possess a clear passion for the security industry.
- Analysis of security incidents using an industry leading SIEM
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Work with internal partner teams with customer outcomes at the centre
Education and Experience
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Equivalent technical industry experience
Required Skills and Competencies
- Familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Understanding of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Understanding of fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Good verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience working with a SIEM
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Experience working in a shift based environment
- Previous experience in a relevant technical role, such as a NOC
NB. Similar, relevant experience may be accepted in place of missed criteria.
Cygilant Company Profile
At Cygilant we believe that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program. We deliver world leading products and services for Self-managed SIEM, Managed SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Patch & Vulnerability Management, and Security Partnerships.
Our goal is to be the #1 customer focused organization in the cyber security industry, by continually delivering demonstrable customer security value through all of our partnerships, products, and services.