Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Whitehat Security team in London is seeking a skilled and motivated hacker to help us secure close to 3 billion users. From building the coding frameworks to help engineers build secure code to developing automated detection tools to help spot bugs at scale to running one of the oldest bug bounty programs in the industry to working alongside product teams to build security into each feature, our team is committed to finding, fixing, and preventing bugs across our platform.
You will be responsible for communicating with and validating security vulnerabilities from a community of researchers around the globe. You will gain insights of Facebook's codebase to understand the root cause of each vulnerability. In addition you will have the opportunity to play a key role in one of the largest bug bounty programs in the world More broadly, the chosen candidate will work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of Security Engineers, Software Engineers and other XFN partners. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys!
At Facebook, supporting our employees is a core part of how we do business. From our generous benefits to our robust diversity programs, we’re focused on empowering all our employees to live life to the fullest and bring their best selves to work, each and every day. We’re proud of our supportive and inclusive culture and our International Headquarter benefits from over 100 different nationalities. We are dedicated to making Facebook welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions and better serve our clients.This is a full time role based in London.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:Medical DentalVisionPensionLife AssuranceChildcareGym TransportLaundry Date posted: 1st August 2020Closing date: 1st September 2020
1. Analyze, assess, and respond to various security vulnerabilities we receive as part of our whitehat program.
2. Follow up with researchers on unclear reports.
3. Understand the root cause of security vulnerabilities to help the product team fix them.
4. Play an active role in continuing to grow and develop the Whitehat program and other internal security and privacy initiative
5. Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats.
6. Familiarity with web security issues and/or mobile security issues
7. Enjoys communicating with researchers, product teams and other XFN partners
8. Adept in finding security vulnerabilities and/or participation in bug bounty programs
9. Ability to follow bug reports, reproduce and triage them
10. Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
11. Experience performing root cause analysis of web and mobile vulnerabilities
12. Experience with any programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
Source : Facebook