We're currently recruiting for a Level 0 (L0) analyst to join our Security Operations Centre. Applicants should be finishing or midway through a 1+ year course in cyber security or related disciplines and looking to complete a period of industrial work as part of their education.
Analysts in Cygilant operate at the front lines of cybersecurity, actively reviewing and analyzing data to identify potential threats to our customers worldwide. The best candidates are inquisitive, eager to learn and possess a clear passion for the security industry.
- Analysis of security incidents using an industry leading SIEM
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, & ampm; weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyze event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Work with internal partner teams with customer outcomes at the center
Education and Experience
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Equivalent technical industry experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Good verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Understanding of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Understanding of fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience working with a SIEM
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Experience working in a shift-based environment
- Previous experience in a relevant technical role, such as a NOC, IT Team or Support Team
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
At Cygilant we believe that every organization, regardless of size, deserves an enterprise-class cybersecurity program. We are passionate about delivering affordable, best-of-breed hybrid security-as-a-service solutions to continuously protect our customers. Cygilant is a trusted security advisor to organizations that need to improve their IT security and compliance posture and protect against cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Acting as an extension of our customers’ IT teams, Cygilant provides continuous security operations based on best-of-breed technology at a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions.