MediaCom – Search Planner Buyer
Overview of job
Opportunity to work on one of the most recognised UK brands in the direct-to-consumer insurance market, with multi-million-pound annual budgets, and an enthusiastic team motivated to drive performance. As a market leader, we focus on achieving profitability whilst employing the latest in automation and data analysis, making our approach to measurement & real-time optimisation world-class.
We are looking for a Paid Search Planner Buyer who will be responsible for the day to day account management, optimisation, analysis and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver on client growth, and efficiency targets.
The Paid Search Planner Buyer will be numerate and analytical, as well as administratively competent with strong attention to detail. They will be able to communicate complex ideas to stakeholders in a concise manner. They will be motivated to develop their knowledge of search principles including Test & Learn, Audiences & Automation.
They will have basic knowledge of other digital media channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the team’s Search Team Manager, with the team being led by an Associate Director and Digital Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on clients who invest in both offline and digital media.
- An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach.
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns, and has fun along the way.
- Ample scope to be proactive, because we love entrepreneurial people who bring us their own ideas and show how driven they are.
- Be part of an award-winning search team with a client that is an industry leader.
- Excellent training opportunities.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Fully implemented a weekly & daily reporting and optimisation routine that provides the best opportunity for performance improvements.
- Developed strong relationships with day to day client contacts, and internal stakeholders.
- Understand clients KPIs and how to optimise PPC campaigns towards targets.
- Maintained search best practice across accounts.
- Comfortable with reporting in Data Studio.
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short and long term projects to develop the search accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Support Search Team Manager in delivering strategic goals.
- Understood & able to carry out reforecasting.
In 12 months, you would have:
- A complete understanding of the clients’ businesses and the ability to shape search strategy according to both, business needs and the market as a whole.
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital teams, providing added value across paid search and beyond.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the Search Team Manager with search performance insights, tests and innovation.
- Share learnings and best practice with the immediate and wider search team.
External and Internal Communication
- Day-to-day communication (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media owners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of the Search Team Manager.
- Become an integral part of the team by communicating openly.
Search Experience and Knowledge
- In-depth paid search specialist experience – approximately 12 months.
- Solid direct response experience with an understanding of brand awareness.
- Up-to-date with Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and Search Ads 360 accreditation exams.
- Know how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans.
- Strong budget management and financial admin knowledge.
- Experience with Data Studio.
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of conversion tracking systems such as Search Ads 360.
- Keen to improve knowledge across automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management).
What you will need:
- Detailed knowledge about granular account optimisation in line with KPIs
- Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
- Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Experience with working across multiple products and search accounts
- Previous experience with direct response/brand awareness clients
- Experience in handling the financial side of account management
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
- High attention to detail
- Passionate about all things digital, and keen to learn
- A real team player
- Positive attitude
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaComers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/