Reporting to the Senior Web Merchandising Manager, you will take the lead on all aspects of Search Optimisation Strategy, Technical Optimisation, SEO Strategy & Direction, across all Screwfix’s websites and apps in all territories.
As Search Optimisation & Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for developing and delivering an actionable roadmap for SEO (Search engine optimisation) improvements to help the business achieve its organic traffic and sales targets. As well as analyse and report on the impact of your SEO strategy including Quarterly Performance reviews at board level – including but not limited to log file analysis, crawl budget/crawl rate optimisation, site speed optimisation, international SEO, XML sitemap configuration & duplicate content resolution. Own the SEO Skills Framework, train, develop and support the Web Merchandising Team to ensure their knowledge and skills in SEO are best-in-class. Be responsible for service reviews with SEO agencies and suppliers and the escalation any point for any issues. Be the ‘voice of SEO’ across the organisation, promoting and socialising. Own the technical SEO Optimisation strategy for Screwfix websites in all territories working alongside our SEO agencies and Web Merchandisers.
You will need to support the Web Merchandising Team to deliver SEO best practice at all times. Take responsibility for managing and delivering change into both the web merchandising team and wider Ecommerce teams for projects and tests to broaden Search Visibility beyond existing exposure. To act as an ‘internal consultant’ in all matters of Search Engine Optimisation at all levels of Screwfix.
Continually evaluate the market regarding search best practice and reviews Screwfix capabilities against this changing landscape. Make suitable recommendations for any change in strategy, both short term and long term with associated business benefit cases. Continuously monitor the competitive landscape in Organic Search to ensure Screwfix maintains its dominant position.
- High level strategic planning for SEO specifically within an eCommerce business
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices and technical SEO
- Proven track record of delivering improvements in SEO
- Experience of reporting at Board of Director level and influencing senior stakeholders
- Great attention to detail and a high standard of organisational skills.
- Experience in using Web Analytics to drive insight and identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large number of tasks and to work calmly under pressure.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to work to targets in a deadline driven environment.
- Previous experience operating in an online retail environment.
- Ambition and drive to learn / develop new skills.
- Able to motivate others and create effective networks of people who can give you what you need.
- People management skills would be preferable.
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
Contact Jess Gates on email@example.com
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.We particularly encourage applications from under represented groups.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org