Our client is a well-established Freight Forwarding company based in Leigh near Wigan in Manchester they are constantly expanding and due to the companies continued success they now have a Freight Customer Service clerk available at their office in Leigh, Manchester.
Based in the deep-sea department your role will involve processing bookings for all Cargo. This includes but is not limited to:
* Arrange and coordinate Cargo Bookings inclusive of, but not limited to, Hazardous Information, Destination Requirements and Prohibitions, Delivery Addresses with applicable deadlines, inland pick-ups involving third / fourth parties and Rate Verification when necessary.
* Relay any special requirements and pertinent information to the Operations Department(s), Terminal / Warehouse / Depot, the trucker and any other relevant party.
* Liaise with Clients in respect to problems at time of shipment or following anticipated sailing date
* Process Rate Requests, obtain all necessary information from Customers
* Quote competitive rates, along with securing both pre-carriage and on-carriage rates when necessary.
* Update and maintain the Quote System, including rates and services sold, statistical information as well as requirements pertinent to the individual customer.
* Keep the Customers fully updated in a timely and efficient manner of all and any changes to their bookings. This should be done by telephone and subsequent confirming email.
* Attending to all and any queries, problems, complaints, requests and track and trace.
To apply for the role, you will need to have experience in the movement of Deep-Sea Freight Exports and have worked for a freight forwarder. Must be experienced in Sea Exports, LCL in particular.We are looking for a stable well-established sea exports background. You must have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
For the right person £23-25k plus bonus, Pension, holidays
£23,000.00 - £25,000.00 per year