Profession: Solution Development
Work Location: Europe-United Kingdom-London
Description ABOUT US
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
As part of large transformation activity currently underway within SITAs IMS (Infrastructure Managed Services) organisation, we require a Scrum Master to oversee the building and successful execution of an agile delivery team.
As a Scrum Master, you will be expected to guide one or more scrum teams made up of a infrastructure developers, architects and testers on how to use Agile / scrum practices to delight internal consumers, users and customers. As a Scrum Master you will be able to motivate a newly formed team and help them work together to deliver value quickly. The services are varied so skilled ability to work across various cloud, infrastructure and data centre technologies are required.
• Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
• Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation.
• Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work and by guiding and running Scrum (and Kanban) ceremonies
• Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog item
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog to maximize value
• Providing all support to the team leading by example and using a servant leadership style whenever possible.
• Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible
• Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption
• Planning Scrum implementations within the organization
• Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development
• Working with and coaching other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Previous demonstrable experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least four+ years for a (infrastructure and/or software) development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Ability to produce reporting metrics (CFD, Burn-down, Burn-up, etc)
• In-depth knowledge of Kanban and Scrum
• Essential skills in User Stories, BDD/TDD, Automated Testing / Quality Management
• Experience working with JIRA and Azure DevOps (VSTS / TFS)
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I or similar)
• SAFe awareness (Ideally safe certified)
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
• Basic technical skills working with infrastructure products in cloud and data centres