The role of the Scrum Master includes setting up and facilitating the Scrum Ceremonies, supporting the Product Owner in managing the backlog and shielding the team from interruptions during the development Sprints (a set period of time during which specific work has to be completed and made ready for review) by managing the on-going work with the business and chasing missing requirements.
The Scrum Master responsibility is to take part in building a self-managing team that can plan and deliver high quality features during a sprint. In addition, this role will also facilitate and encourage the “Inspect and Adapt” cycles to help the team improve its group dynamics and the team members to improve themselves in their roles.
Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. They increase their team efficiency, motivates their team, spins, argues for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. They ensures the DoD (Definition of done) is being followed.
- Work as a “Servant-Leader” of the team, including coaching and facilitating various development team-members in his/her responsibility in delivering quality deliveries.
- Support the Product Owners in the maintenance of the product requirements items, including reviewing tickets before assignment, managing and maintaining an up-to-date storyboard, assigning and reassigning tasks, monitoring team efforts, generating reports and more.
- Manage the teams’ Scrum schedule by facilitating the Scrum Ceremonies (Stand ups, Planning, Review etc.), having tactical and strategic approach to change, maintaining and leading by formal and informal communication.
- Be a Scrum expert for your counterparts (Product Managers, peer Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts and management) by coaching the teams in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Monitor the sprints and releases to provide a transparent status to the business and to the team regarding the development of our web and mobile products, including time and schedule, unexpected issues, troubleshooting and the development current stage.
- Responsible for being the link between various Development teams and stakeholders, keeping up to date with both on a regularly basis and supporting the Development teams under his/her responsibility with reports to higher management.
- Facilitate the Development teams work and development process, including identifying and removing technological and any other obstacles that might affect the process.
- Support the Product Owners in translating business requests to technical specification.
- Encourage collaboration between the Development team members, Product Owners and other Scrum teams.
- Setting up retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions.