Job TitleClinical Computer Vision Scientist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Bring your expertise and passion to Philips Research’s journey of developing novel solutions to improve patient care. You will participate in research focused on contactless, i.e., camera-based, patient monitoring and/or clinical data processing. Building on Philips’ world-leading algorithms for contactless vital signs measurement, we add capabilities for localizing patients in different clinical scenarios, differentiating patients from companions and caregivers, identifying patients to assist measurements and increase patient safety. You will also contribute to a wide variety of other novel, computer vision based medical data analyses, participate in associated interactions with medical professionals, and be involved in coordinating clinical studies, including analysis of the collected data (text, waveforms, images and videos).
You are responsible for
- Research, design, develop, test and validate latest computer vision algorithms for clinical applications
- Explore novel approaches to contactless health and safety monitoring in hospitals and other settings
- Interact with experts in the Philips businesses
- Write scientific publications and present at scientific conferences
- Prepare technical documentation
You are a part of
At Philips, we are driven to deliver cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Our research and business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge consumer health solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space. Philips delivers advanced solutions to health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and to empower consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
We work in multidisciplinary teams. Philips Research has been one of the world’s premier research labs since 1914. We develop scientific, engineering and business innovations to enhance health and well-being.
For more information about Philips Research, please visit: www.research.philips.com
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Informatics, or a related field required
- Design, implementation and evaluation of computer vision algorithms, with a focus on object detection, recognition and tracking
- Machine learning and deep learning (especially CNN) and associated frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras)
- Deep understanding of still and moving images in terms of data source characteristics, data compression, color spaces, spatial, temporal and frequency domain properties, etc.
- Evaluating and optimizing trade-offs between accuracy and complexity
- Publishing scientific papers and presenting at top scientific conferences
- Writing/developing professional software applications in Python and C++
- Hands-on programming experience and strong software engineering techniques
- Knowledge of human physiology and bio-signal processing a plus
- Software engineering techniques
- Planning and coordinating clinical studies
- Working with multidisciplinary, cross-cultural teams
In return, we offer you
Join us and work in a dynamic environment with opportunities to contribute to a number of innovation topics and application areas in relation to healthcare solutions and services. You have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of your team.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)