Randstad Sourceright are delighted to be partnering with a global, award winning Pharmaceutical company, to recruit a Scientist 1 position, based at their Glasgow site.
Your Role: As a Scientist within Cell Culture you will be responsible for providing scientific support in the conduct of routine and complex GLP or GMP studies performed within a contract testing laboratory. You will act as Study Director or Responsible Scientist, as appropriate, on studies, assisting in the performance of laboratory procedures, providing scientific support to laboratory staff and external clients for whom the work is being performed. You will also be required to maintain study records, including deviation records, to meet regulatory standards. Other duties include preparing documents related to studies and investigations, such as SOP's, technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc., liaising with Commercial Operations, Development Services and Program Management to provide technical support for ongoing and upcoming projects and participating in external and internal client conference calls, meetings and audits. This role is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced professional to join us and develop their career with a business that is going from strength to strength.
Who you are:
- You will have an HND or higher in a Biological Science discipline, with competent proven work experience in a similar environment; ideally with Cell Culture experience.
- You will have prior knowledge and experience working to GLP / GMP standards.
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety and have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills and are self-motivated, with strong initiative and drive
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.