Scientific/Phramaceutical Social Media Specialist (6 months) - (CAM-MRC-18462)
About the roleYou’ll be responsible for evolving and executing Abcam’s social media strategy and presence amongst the pharmaceutical, biotech and diagnostic audiences.
Primarily focused on LinkedIn, as well as identifying and developing other relevant channels, you will implement impactful communications strategies. Your focus will be to unearth and develop content to help inspire, educate and support researchers, decision makers and influencers in the biotech community. The role will increase Abcam’s visibility and communicate our expertise in custom antibody products, licensing and diagnostic development.
About Digital Marketing at AbcamAt Abcam we take a ‘digital first’ approach to our marketing. Our Digital Marketing team is focused on offering our consumers the best possible experience, whether it is on our website, through our email communication, at events or tradeshows, on the phone to our scientific support team or through social media. You will be part of a highly motivated team which holds an integrated approach to marketing across all channels.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Abcam’s LinkedIn strategy to increase awareness of the company’s expertise, offerings and partnerships to the biopharma/life sciences industry
- Recommend and implement strategies to reach audiences via other relevant social platforms (blogs, forums, journals and communities)
- Work with the Content and PR Team as well as Freelancers to create an editorial plan to demonstrate Abcam’s expertise and thought leadership for LinkedIn
- Seek out interesting stories or angles that align with Abcam’s priorities and expertise and suggest effective ways to communicate them
- Manage and participate in relevant LinkedIn groups and other groups as recommended
- Implement listening activities to determine key influencers and where to actively engage in relevant conversations and topics of interest
- Report topical news and trends to support new content creation and the business strategy
- Report key social metrics across teams to support the future content development strategy
- Define & manage the social media budget to ensure best use of resources for planned activities
- Ensure consistency of Abcam’s brand in social media
- Manage Abcam’s online reputation on LinkedIn
- Work with our Custom Products& Licensing Marketing Manager and Content team to agree on appropriate messaging for all developed content for the audiences responsible for
About youThis position would suit an experienced social media marketer looking for a new challenge in a fast paced and growing business. It is essential that you have a scientific background (either through work or education) which can be applied to the social space and it would be beneficial to have knowledge of the biopharma world (either pharma/biotech/diagnostics).
You will have a university degree preferably in the life sciences, communications, journalism or marketing. Excellent writing skills along with the ability to translate technical concepts into engaging content is required. With a passion for digital marketing, you’ll understand the importance and role of social to drive success across multi-channel campaigns. Strong analytical skills and the ability to present results and influence stakeholders are also key to the success of the role. Understanding of the life science industry and key trends would be an added advantage.
The role offers unrivalled development opportunities and the chance to establish yourself in a diverse, growing and fast paced department.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Cambridge
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2018, 1:02:23 PM