Place2Be have an exciting opportunity for a School Counsellor Services Manager to join their growing team based in St Peter's Primary School, North Ayrshire.
Job Title: School Counsellor Services Manager
Location: St Peter's Primary School, Ardrossan, North Ayrshire
Salary From: £14,000 per annum (pro rata from FTE of £28,000pa)
Work Pattern: Permanent, 2.5 days per week (Monday - Wednesday [am])
Start Date: ASAP
Your new employer:
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff.
Place2Be provides children's mental health services in 294 primary and secondary schools, and last year provided in-depth training in a further 31 schools, reaching a total school population of over 142,000 pupils Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child's ability to engage in school life.
To effectively manage all aspects of the Place2Be school project in partnership with the school, ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support.
- Undertake one-to-one clinical work with children and/or young people
- Plan and deliver Place2Talk
- Plan and deliver group work in consultation with the school and the line manager
- Identify and discuss potential referrals with school staff keeping the line manager informed
- Assess and allocate children and young people to the appropriate Counsellor on Placement
- Noting any safeguarding and child protection concerns; giving advice and support in regard to clinical work and supporting the development of clinical skills and experience
- Participate in supervision with the Cluster Manager and discuss and report any concerns or issues arising from the supervisions that have taken place with the Counsellors on Placement or within your own work.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a recognised qualification in counselling or therapy
- Possess a recognised membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
- Have post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people and schools
- Have a willingness to undertake clinical assessments and hold clinical case-load
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of child protection policy and procedures and commitment to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
Please note the official internal job title is School Project Manager
The closing date for applications is Sunday 1st September 2019 at 11.59pm and interviews will take place Tuesday 10th September.
To submit your CV for this exciting School Counsellor Services Manager opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, we would love you to join us. It's sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping give young people brighter futures.
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in and are particularly interested in attracting applications from male candidates, as well as candidates from Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.