Buildings Maintenance Supervisor / School Caretaker / Assistant Site Keeper who has experience in Health & Safety, Manual Handling, Grounds and General maintenance including skills in DIY, Carpentry, Decorating and Plumbing is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Stanmore, North West London.
SALARY: £20,722 – £22,875 per annum
LOCATION: Stanmore, North West London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per week, all year round
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
PLEASE NOTE: There is NO onsite accommodation with this role
Candidates MUST also live within a 45 minutes commute to Stanmore
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for Buildings Maintenance Supervisor / School Caretaker / Assistant Site Keeper who has experience in Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Grounds and General maintenance including skills in DIY, Carpentry, Decorating and Plumbing.
Working as the Buildings Maintenance Supervisor / School Caretaker / Assistant Site Keeper you will report to the Area Premises Manager and will be responsible for the general maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school and to maintain the premises (both internally and externally) in a clean, safe, sound and secure condition for staff, pupils, parents and community users.
As the Buildings Maintenance Supervisor / School Caretaker / Assistant Site Keeper, you will be expected to have enthusiasm and commitment for improving the school within areas of your direct responsibility.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Buildings Maintenance Supervisor / School Caretaker / Assistant Site Keeper:
- Undertake a full lock up/lock down of the school
- Respond and deal with on-call alarm duties
- Act as a key holder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds
- Regularly set up and remove furniture e.g. exams and daily assemblies
- Carry out the duties in accordance with school-based policies and Health and Safety procedures, including risk assessment
- Regular check-ups of school facilities including bathrooms, alarms and boiler systems
- Ensure that heating and lighting within the school is on and off at appropriate times
- Making sure the premises are clean and that rubbish is collected and taken away, and any graffiti is cleaned up
- Dealing with enquiries from officers and employees of the Local Education Authority, workers and contractors and, where appropriate, advising the Area Premises Manager of their presence
- Daily coordination and supervision of cleaning duties across the site
- Supervision of contracts such as contract cleaners and waste, ensuring completion of duties and communicating directly with supplier
- Training, supervising and motivating the Caretaking team, scoping and implementing work schedules and rotas
- Completing purchase orders, placing orders and maintaining records on Excel
- Carry out general repairs i.e. changing light bulbs, tightening screws from chairs/ tables, unblocking toilets etc.
- Carry out regular inspections of responsible areas, reporting all defects, maintenance requirements and damage in a timely manner
- A trade background e.g. joiner/plumbing would be desirable
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in a similar role within an educational organisation
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Strong attention to detail required
- Competent with Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Be willing to work on a shift/rotational basis which includes weekends
- Good organisational skills, including planning, prioritising and working to deadlines
- An understanding of health, safety and security issues and relevant legislation affecting schools
- A sense of humour and a can-do attitude
- Prepared work outside in all weather
- Able to undertake manual handling tasks
- Knowledge of COSHH and the Health & Safety work act
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5581
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stanmore, North West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk