Would you like to be part of something amazing? Our people are our greatest asset and we invest in career progression and personal development, so that you can be a part of a workforce that remains focused, dedicated and happy. We collaborate, we raise standards and we win awards. So why not come and be amazing with Wilson James?
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 brilliant people across the three services. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver high quality solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries, providing services to some of the world's most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
Have you got a strong background in Security? Feel like you're confident in organising yourself and others?
We are recruiting for an experienced Scheduler to become part of our expanding security team, working at our Warner Bros. client site in Watford.
As a Scheduler, you will plan, co-ordinate and schedule, the activities of Security Department personnel in order to ensure efficient and compliant delivery of all tasks and generation of capacity for contingency. You will also:
- Produce shift rosters' and work schedules covering all known contracted hours & additional Adhoc hours for all Areas & positions provided by the Security Department at K019 & K020 sites.
- Co-ordinate personnel resources to ensure effective cover of holiday, sickness and other absence. Including the redeployment of personnel on site to mitigate the financial effect of short-term unauthorised absence.
- Allocate overtime requirements to Security Department personnel in a fair and transparent manner.
- Produce daily/weekly reports, statistics and documentation relating to the activities of your area of responsibility.
- Investigate all customer complaints in the service your schedules provide, identify non-conformances and initiate corrective action.
- Produce all operational documentation in an accurate and compliant format. Transmit all documents and information in a timely secure manner.
- Produce a 14-day forecast of all upcoming shifts and gaps in Core and Adhoc hours for the client and Senior WJ management.
- Door Supervisor SIA licence
- Strong planning and organising skills, especially in areas of organising rosters for security personnel including cover for holidays, sickness, absence and training requirements.
- The ability to communicate with subordinates' colleagues, clients, contractors and management in the appropriate manner.
- Accurate and timely report writing and document production.
- The ability to instruct, motivate, and performance monitor security supervisors and subordinates.
- The ability to effectively deal with incidents with demonstrable resilience and self-control.
- Excellent timekeeping
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively.
If you are successful, as a condition of employment you will need to be able to evidence a minimum of 5 year's written work history - this evidence needs to include any gaps of over 31 days and periods of self-employment.
Failure to provide this evidence will result in Wilson James not being able to comply with the BS7858 Standard (the British Standards Institution for screening individuals employed in a security environment) and therefore no offer of employment is able to be made.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough working knowledge of Wilson James Grievance and Disciplinary procedures and those directing employee leave.
- Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities legislation Personal skills;
- Willingness to accept responsibility with the appropriate leadership skills. Flexible in response to work requirements, a good communicator both written and verbal.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Timegate Rostering System.
*Please mark the smartrecruitonline.com domain as "Safe" or add it to your whitelist to ensure you receive our emails*
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world's most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.
10.22 - 10.22 per hour
see job spec
see job spec