Requisition ID: 231274
Requisition Posting End Date: 12/05/2020
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project Management, Project Controls, Commercial, Safety, Quality and Regulatory Assurance leadership) services.
- Works at project level involved in the delivery of infrastructure several hundred million pounds in value. Reports to the Planning & Scheduling Lead.
- Provides comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed staffing plans for planning and scheduling activities.
- Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
- Performs and/or coordinates, collects, verifies, and integrates the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
- Establishes milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Acts as point contact with project’s supply chain for the development and integration of individual supplier schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the performing organization’s and unit’s work logics and determines whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Reviews and evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines’ activities relative to the support of project milestones. Directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects. Develops bid evaluation cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with suppliers.
- Plans, organizes, and executes schedule resource loading and leveling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines. Identifies schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or group restraints and interfaces.
- Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports required by management and project procedures.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Performs project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Directs project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting the Schedule Impact Report. Responsible for leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- The candidate will have gained scheduling experience across several engineering and construction projects.
- The candidate will have led schedule development on at last one project approaching a stage gate approval.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Knowledge of personnel administration and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, for example.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Demonstrated advanced capability level with Primavera (P6) and experience in its application on complex engineering and construction projects.
- EPC/EPCM/EVMS experience on major infrastructure programmes.
- Schedule management leadership experience on nuclear and/or defence projects.
- Experience on UK construction projects of >£500M TIC.
- Experience in NEC3/4 working with design and construction contractors and associated schedule review/acceptance and impact assessment protocols.
- APM / PMI qualifications or similar.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.