I am working on behalf of my client who is looking to recruit sampling technicians for an ASAP start.
The position is mainly field based but working from my client’s office based near Truro.
Main purpose for the role is be Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, to carry out sampling on wastewater treatment sites and other locations in accordance with Company procedures, and to deliver samples to laboratories and depot in a timely manner.
KEY TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Visit wastewater treatment sites and other sampling locations to take samples in accordance with the sampling schedule as determined by the Operations Manager.
• Plan daily sampling runs so that samples are taken in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Ensure samples are taken in accordance with Company, South West Water and Environmental Agency sampling procedures.
• Complete appropriate paperwork in accordance with Company procedures including sample sheets, calibration records and other site records as required.
• Install and download temperature loggers as required and ensure that temperatures have remained within the required temperature range.
• Ensure sample programmes are carried out in accordance with company Quality, Environmental and H&S procedures.
• Transport samples to Laboratories as necessary and in accordance with set procedures.
• Clean and maintain all sampling equipment and portable instruments as required.
• Carry out routine calibration checks on portable instruments in accordance with Company procedures.
• Assist in other field operational activities as necessary.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• Wastewater sampling techniques
• Committed to ensuring that a positive and strengthened relationship with colleagues is developed and maintained.
• Committed to team working and self-development.
• Exercises initiative whilst keeping Manager & team members informed.
• Capable of clear and concise communication.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Full UK driving licence is required to be considered for this position due to movement of work sites.
Full training is provided along with company vehicles and uniforms (once trained).
This is initially a temporary contact for about 8 weeks but could lead to longer term work for the right candidate.