The Salon Manager is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of the Hair and Beauty Team in delivering quality and responsive service to all internal and external customers and to achieve service performance targets.
Delivering high quality education and training to over 8,000 students and businesses each year, they offer state-of-the-art learning environments at their three main campuses.
Our clients mission is to inspire ambition and make a positive difference to lives through learning. They are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping them to deliver the highest standards of education and training to local people, communities and businesses. In return, they offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where everyone's skills and ideas are valued and respected.
As a Salon Manager, you will work with the Head of Department and Lettings Manager to create and deliver an income generation strategy and plan, and identify new business development opportunities i.e. advertising/selling services/training and enhancing lettings.
The successful candidate will work with the Events and School Liaison coordinator to ensure the Salon is represented at School Liaison and outreach events in the community including helping to develop and maintain good working relationships with key feeder and partner schools and other key partners such as the youth service.
You will also have high attention to detail with the ability to prioritise and organise your own workload effectively and a flexible approach to working practices.
This is an opportunity for a passionate individual who wishes to work in a truly stimulating and rewarding environment.
- Excellent work/life balance with generous holiday entitlement - Support roles enjoy 27 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent career progression opportunities for ambitious staff
- Subsidised professional qualifications
- Access to excellent defined benefit pension schemes
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- Family friendly policies to support Work Life Balance
- NUS cards offering a wide range of discounts
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at Langley College
Please be advised that the vacancy will close at midday on Friday 31st October 2019.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13th November 2019.
Please ensure you pay particular attention to the supporting statement of the online application form.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check at the appropriate level.
£23,228.00 - £25,717.00 per year