Part of the CMA CGM Group, APL is one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, providing world-class container shipping and terminal services, as well as intermodal operations supported by leading-edge IT and ecommerce.
APL offers transcontinental cargo shipping across Asia, North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Australia through more than 90 weekly services, calling ports in over 50 countries worldwide.
The Sales Support Representative assists the Account Managers (Outside Sales Representatives) to obtain their budget and targets by helping them handle their territories in an effective way; prepare quotations, offers, initiate RRR’s, rate filings, and assit sales admin in resolving rate disputes, provide statistics & reports if needed.
- Act as first point of contact for customers providing answers to customers, and if needed escalate to Account Manager
- Sales negotiataion with customers to on board new business
- Initiate rate requests to pricing when required
- Follow up on sales leads and ensure a timely reply by account managers
- Assist sales admin in rate disputes, credit requests &filing questions
- Preparing rate quotations, presentation, offers to customers and respond to customer queries
- Maintain a good relationship with all internal departments
- Respond to inquiries regarding routings and cut offs
- Adhere to company policy and standards
- Acquire cargo by means of effective sales calls and responsive quotes
- Follow up on quotations
- Address customer space issues with either Orgin offices (Imports) or local Trade (Exports)
- To provide feedback on market situation to UK trade teams and Sales Managment
- Liaison between customers, OSR’s, and Trade Teams on negotiations on freight and terms. This also involves timely handingly of all inward emails, sales leads, progress chasing
- To assit manager in preperation of monthly reporting
KEY COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in Sales and Liner shipping (Essential)
- Excellent time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good problem and decision making skills
- Good Team Player and ability to work on own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels both written and orally
- Meticulous and detailed approach to work
- Commitment to task
- Resilient and flexible
- Strong customer focused
- Strategic and flexible approach
- Commercial awareness
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Results Driven
- Customer Focused
- Business Acumen
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) - specific emphasis on Excel
- GT Nexus knowledge (desirable)
- Educated to GCSE level/equivalent (minimum of Grade C in English and Mathematics)
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Responsible for ensuring that the department/team operates in accordance with company policies and procedures in respect of Health and Safety, in order to ensure the safety of employees and visitors
APL is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world's 3rd largest container shipping company
We offer a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service, non-guaranteed bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, cash health plan including an Employee Assistance Programme plus the opportunity to work within a highly engaged team in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Tuesday 28th May 2019
Please note that when you click “Apply”, you will be transferred to the career portal. Please make a note of the Job Requisition ID number so you can locate the vacancy and progress your application. You will also be required to log in or register on the career portal to progress your application.
If you do not hear back from us within four weeks, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.