Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand? If so, we have an excellent front line support opportunity to manage the SMT GB Sales Support Department.
Your responsibility will be to manage the Sales Support Department in delivering effective sales-technical support in all areas of the Sales to Order, Order to Delivery & Marketing processes. To ensure that all new machines, attachments and special adaptations delivered conform to current legislation and regulations.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
You will be heading up a department currently consisting of three sales support specialists and two product managers for site efficiency services.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To manage the Sales Support function within company policies & processes.
- To develop and maintain an appropriate level of commercial awareness within the team.
- Drive progress and develop the Site Efficiency offering - in terms of offering customers a turnkey process which fits their business requirements.
- To manage the provision of machine specification, configuration & special adaptation support; negating the risk of miss selling of products, ancillary equipment and attachments.
- To maintain an understanding of current & future EU & UK legislation & regulations relevant to all VCE products & attachments, via VCE Group Laws & Regulations department and attendance at Construction Equipment Association (CEA) and other technical forums.
- To provide an effective technical reference service to the Organisation, utilising the GB Technical Support department and Sales Support region EMEA.
- To manage a field-support service to the Sales team by way of customer visits, demonstration support, application and production studies and use of the Site Simulation tool.
- To source & appraise 3rd party ancillary equipment, ensuring compatibility with Volvo CE products and legal compliance.
- To support the Marketing department in monitoring competitor activities with particular emphasis on products, features and specifications and competitive comparisons strategies.
- To understand product related training needs of the sales department and structure an on-going training program.
- To ensure pricing for locally sourced options and other non-standard equipment is provided and maintained, in conjunction with the Procurement Department.
- Provide, with the support of the Engineering department, the supporting documentation i.e. installation instructions, warranty agreements and parts supporting material for local fit options.
- To support the preparation and of execution of product launches, training and promotional events.
- Work in accordance with SMT GB standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
This is a home-based role with regular national travel.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday 9 August 2020
Sales Support Manager | Support | Customer Service | Technical Sales | Mentoring | Coaching | Pricing | Product Launches | Events | Client Facing | Client Relationship | Communication | Leadership | Engineering | Construction
Competitive rates of pay / Company Bonus Scheme / Employee Discounts / Pension Scheme / Life Insurance / Medical Cash Plan / On-site Medicals / 33 days holiday, rising to 38 days with service (including bank holidays).
- Ability to manage & develop people.
- Customer focus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Desire and energy to make continuous improvements with a strong sense of ownership.
- Flexibility with working hours, in the field with suppliers and customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of managing people and processes, preferably in a technical role.
- An Engineering/product-based qualification with minimum 10 years' experience.
- Field based product experience of working within construction and quarrying environments.
- A good knowledge of the construction related industries and awareness.
- Have knowledge about compliance legislation for construction machinery.
About the Company SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain. Our Mission We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa. Our Vision We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders. We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed. We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.