About the Company
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 45 countries. In the past 2 years we have invested in a new purpose-built production facility, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores and had our biggest product launch in company history and we’re not stopping there.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
With the launch of the Brompton Electric e-bike in Summer 2018 Brompton has entered the fastest growing and most promising category in the bicycle market. The lack of safe bicycle storage options in cities represents an enormous opportunity for the Brompton Electric. As e-bikes are expected to become the major contributor to the company’s growth over the coming years we are recruiting an additional role in the commercial team to attain our ambitious goals.
Working remotely and employed by This is a key commercial sales role in a region where significant growth is required and is a strategic focus for current and future investment – including the launch of Brompton Electric, other pipeline innovation, and the development of our flagship Brompton Junction retail format.
The Sales Representative role will be a vital addition to the Brompton France Sales team, and carries a high degree of autonomy with the principle remit of delivering significant growth across Brompton’s Independent Bicycle Dealer (IBD) retail network. You shall plan and execute your work to ensure your KPIs are met. You will be commercially minded, always exploring and creating new business opportunities and developing new
You will enjoy travelling, with up to 80% of your time being spent out on the road, developing trade amongst current and prospective customers; your remaining time spent working from home. As key frontline representation of the Brand, you shall ensure retailers are consistent and committed to representing Brompton products and messages in-line with the Dealer Accreditation Programme. You will nurture solid relationships commercial relationships with your retailers, supporting their development and adaptation to the changing landscape.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, assertive, independent, quick paced and have the ability to motivate others. Contactability and communication are also likely to be key notes, as the job environment may require the active influencing and persuading of a variety of people in changing situations. The generation of many contacts and involvement in selling a product or concept by gaining willing acceptance may be important within the function.
The person fulfilling this role should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in an unstructured environment where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions. The ideal candidate will be self-confident, enthusiastic, friendly, positive, self-starting, competitive, venturesome, mobile, active, alert and independent. The achievement of results through people is important to the function.
The individual will be expected to mentor, counsel, coach and generally support those who are not confident in their area of competence, building morale and personal esteem and generally encouraging others to give their best performance.
- To build annual business plans for your accounts
- Forecasting, planning and delivering on sales targets
- Develop a12 month rolling sales forecast/pipeline plan for your retail customers in accordance with sales objectives
- Monitoring and reporting your performance through weekly and monthly KPIs
- Performing statistical analysis and assess actuals vs forecasting
- Raising risks and opportunities for your accounts and developing related solutions
- Management of day-to-day sales
- Represent the requirements of the customer to internal organisation
- Feeding information on future buying trends to colleagues in Marketing, Design and Purchasing
- Gathering market, competitor and customer data whilst executing product and marketing strategy
- To communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments
- Delivering on budgeted sales targets for all Brompton products across your retail network
- Driving the development of the retail network
- To identify, target, liaise and visit core prospective customers
- To open dealerships, negotiate agreements and close sales
- Identifying and developing new routes to market including Click & Collect, and B2C
- Identifying and resolving customer concerns
- Creating suitable strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections and competitor situations
- To deliver a programme of product sales training and support
- To co-ordinate, deliver and monitor the Brompton Dealer Accreditation programme
- To identify opportunities that require additional support and resource
- To represent the company at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and seminars
- Set up and organise events with retailers & businesses
- Fluent spoken and written French & English
- Consultative sales approach
- Strong numeracy skills
- Highly organised
- A natural communicator with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Competence in the development and delivery of presentations
- Provable track record in comparable Sales/Account Management role, 2-3 years’ experience
- The role will require significant travel to current and potential clients, a valid driving licence is essential
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the People team, at email@example.com. You are encouraged to submit when ready and not wait until the deadline.
For full job description please refer our careers page https://www.brompton.com/about-us/careers