SALES & MARKETING ASSISTANT
This exciting new role is being created to join the commercial team within this growing temperature-controlled storage and distribution business. We are looking for somebody to grab this exciting and newly created role and make the most of it. The role is to support the commercial team and implement the day to day marketing activities for the business including both online and offline activity.
You will be working as part of a close team within a fast paced frozen food supply chain environment, storing and distributing goods for some of the UKs most recognised frozen food brands and manufacturers. The Ice Co Storage & Logistics is a family owned and operated £Multi-Million temperature controlled storage & logistics business. The teamis proud to offer a complete frozen supply chain solution for customers and has a hands on approach to the seasonality of the food supply chain. Following continued growth the business has recently invested over £2million to increase its storage capacity with a substantial 5 year investment plan in place for a sustainable future.
This role gives you the opportunity to build the marketing department for the Storage & Logistics division in which you can not only learn a lot, but make a start straight away. The successful applicant will have a hands-on approach, be an ambassador for the company and brand, and be passionate about the role of marketing.The ideal candidate will be expected to have the ability to self-manage and evolve according to the needs of the business.
The role is based at our largest manufacturing site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
- Opportunity to play a crucial role in the growth of the storage and logistics business and be a key part of the commercial team
- Generous Salary dependent on the qualifications, skills and knowledge of candidates (expected to range between £18-22k).
- Newly created role, with immediate start available.
- Generous holidays per year including Bank Holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme and healthcare cash back scheme
- Working hours are changeable based on the task in hand so candidates should be willing to be flexible, but in general expected to be Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00.
- The ideal applicant would be self-motivated, organised and methodical and would have a passion for marketing, brand and keeping up to date with new marketing methods.
- Previous work in marketing, or in a sales or commercial setting would be particularly advantageous. Although experience in the supply chain or food industry is desirable, it is not essential.
- Marketing or similar qualification would be desirable, but is not essential.
- Possess solid demonstrable administrativeor project coordination experience in a fast-moving setting.
- Confident using all Microsoft Office programmes as well as good knowledge of the internet and web jargon.
- Full clean driving licence and be willing to travel, as visits are required to other sites.
- High standard of literacy with strong grammar, spelling and creative writing ability
- Confident communication skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to plan ahead, work under pressure and multi-task.
- A people person with a desire to learn new skills.
- Although you will be supported by the Logistics Manager and Marketing Manager, the role will be largely autonomous, so it is important to be a self-starter with initiative and strong organisational skills.
- Responsible for minute taking, project coordination and administration activities related to the commercial team.
- Assist the commercial team with sales including collating and responding to enquiries, creating presentations and arranging meetings.
- Updating and generating reports for the commercial team.
- Maintaining all customer contact information and ensuring Account Management principles are upheld.
- Manage all marketing materials and company literature.
- Manage the company Linkedin page, making new connections, sharing industry news and product updates.
- Manage the company website including reporting on performance and improving SEO.
- Introduce a new company blog and create regular content for this.
- Liaise with and manage third party suppliers such as agencies, photographers and printers.
Does this sound like the role you’ve been searching for? Do you have these skills?
If you want to join The Ice Co family as our new Sales & Marketing Assistant - please click Apply
Please include your CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.
The Ice Co strive to respond to all online applicants, however we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Salary negotiable based on skills and qualification