Opsview is transforming cloud and infrastructure monitoring by hiring creative, optimistic, questioners who thrive on delivery and personal achievement.
Your next start
In this role, we are looking for a proven, ambitious, energetic player/manager to join our Sales Team. This is a quota carrying position leading an inside sales team, selling and upselling Opsview’s Cloud subscription software and services to new prospects and our existing customers worldwide. This is a high profile and important initiative for Opsview, and as such the role will initially report directly to the CEO.
Keep reading to find out the kind of person we'd like to get to know and the kind of company we are.
Why you’re with us
As Sales Manager, your primary role will be to manage the inside sales team, drive new business and maintain and grow existing key accounts.
You’ll get to
- Take a lead on transitioning our current on-premise customer base to our new Opsview Cloud service
- Work with customers to ensure that new and renewal subscriptions meet their technical and commercial requirements
- Upsell and cross-sell other products and services where applicable into existing customer accounts
- Develop and provide training and coaching to all members of the Sales team to be successful in their roles through understanding and being able to articulate the value proposition of Opsview’s products and services
- Discuss/negotiate terms and conditions with the client and prepare renewal proposals for the customer with aligned acceptable renewal price and terms
- Pro-actively deal with any commercial issues and assist with coordination of technical issue resolution as needed to avoid non-renewals
- Accurately forecast future business and develop pipeline opportunities as needed to support quota target achievement
- Ensure the team’s prompt follow-up of Marketing Qualified Leads from website registrations, events, digital campaigns and other demand generation activities
- Work closely with the Marketing team and assist with the development and refinement of Sales collateral (presentations, call scripts, product demonstrations, etc.) used to communicate the company’s value proposition to prospective customers
- Ensure that proposals are signed off at the correct level in accordance with Opsview’s processes and acceptable business parameters
- Use and ensure the use of the company’s systems such as Salesforce.com, DiscoverOrg, and Marketo by the team to record, maintain and report on accurate records around leads, opportunities, accounts, forecasts, and activities
- Assist colleagues and management as needed with sales-related queries and new starter onboarding
- Experience in selling cloud-based subscription software
- Experience in a direct B2B software/technology Sales role
- At least 6 years proven success in a high growth software business
- At least 3 years experience managing sales reps and directing sales campaigns
- The ability to manage both ‘hunting’ and ‘farming’ sales activities and manage multiple concurrent sales campaigns
- Experience with business issue-led sales discussions focused on TCO/ROI
- Demonstrable personal achievements in consistently exceeding revenue targets
- A willingness to listen, learn and adapt to changes in a rapidly changing environment
- Confident presentation and communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex value propositions to senior technical customers
- Capability to manage commercial negotiations
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Strong competency with MS Office software, CRM systems (Saleforce.com), Lead Generation platforms (DiscoverOrg) and data analysis/reporting
… and maybe you
- Have a Bachelor’s Business/Technical degree-level education or equivalent from an accredited university
- Have experience of selling infrastructure/operations software or system management tools
- Completed formal sales methodology training such as Sandler, SPIN, Miller-Heiman
We agree on this
Both individual and team contribution are really important. So is communication. Your team will celebrate your successes and help remove your blockers. You’ll do the same for others. We're fostering an open culture where your team is more than Sales; here, your team is Opsview.
You take pride and satisfaction in knowing each iteration of the work you do delivers innovation, solutions, success and opportunity. You learn from what you deliver. Being proud of the work you do and the collaborations you have with others is a fulfilling thing for you. Opsview delivers, so should you.
It should be important to you that the ideas and the creative works generated by you and your teammates are used and appreciated by a growing customer base. Amazing concepts should be thoughtful and highly desired by the customers that use them. All of Opsview is customer-centric, including you.
People at Opsview are naturally creative, curious to try new things and push the status quo. Sometimes, things just need to get done and other times, every notion of what, why and how should be questioned. You're comfortable with both. Opsview is doing things differently. Your differences will make us a better, stronger, more capable team.
It’s really simple at Opsview. We want you to excel and have fun doing it!
Lots more information about Opsview can be found at http://www.opsview.com/careers/