What you will do:
ShopperTrak, part of Johnson Controls, empowers retailers and shopping centres worldwide to optimise the shopping experience and improve profitability through data-driven insights. We have enabled thousands of retailers and shopping centres worldwide to increase revenue and profitability, by providing them with multi-dimensional data for clear cut decisions so they can uncover extraordinary insight to increase profitability.
Through our unique retail technology and analysis solutions, we can identify key in-store and online profit opportunities in areas such as customer conversions, queue management, sales, marketing and merchandising. Our insights support retail benchmarking between stores and sites.
As the Sales Insight Analyst you will be responsible for running new sales insights function within Sales Operations. Its purpose is to provide our sales leadership with actionable insights that will deliver improved team productivity, and help focus sales associates on viable, targeted sales growth opportunities.
You will build a suite of relevant reports and analyses, creating useful and actionable insights, and sharing of this information across the organisation in a relevant, timely and professional manner delivering to senior stakeholders. This will aid to help ‘cut through the noise’ and focus leaders and decision-makers on relevant and useful information – and removing outdated, unnecessary and inaccurate information wherever it exists.
How will you do it:
- Create a sales reporting and analysis suite that will generate regular actionable insights for sales leadership to drive growth and deliver performance improvement.
- Use controls and balances to ensure accuracy and truth in numbers that are reported and shared.
- Manage reporting and insight content on Salesforce.com as part of the overall portfolio.
- Execute more complex or longer-term business insights and analysis projects which provide deeper understanding and insight into the performance and development of the Traffic RoW business.
- Manage the volume and range of reporting to ensure what is provided is relevant, timely, and insightful, and at the same time remove duplication, distractions and obsolete reports.
- Support priority reporting and insight requests from senior management, ensuring that quick turnaround times are met and that all relevant information is made available prior to key meetings.
- Support requests for bespoke and ad hoc reports / insights based upon agreed conditions and predefined service level agreements.
- Develop ‘self-service’ style reporting facilities to empower wherever possible the sales teams and others with easily accessible, useful and actionable information.
- Work closely with Finance and sales leaders to support monthly forecasting and business review.
- Support sales leadership in the annual quota setting process, using insights to drive quota decisions.
- Keep up to date on industry standards to help drive continuous improvement and development.
What we look for:
- Analytical and evaluative skills with an ability to build complex reports using multiple data sources.
- Communication skills with ability to effectively convey insights gleaned from reports.
- Statistical background with proven professional application.
- MS Excel (and Microsoft Access) advanced working knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills and confidence in engaging with others, both individually and across multiple teams.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other similar CRM system.
- Ability to work to targets and KPIs and self-monitor own performance.
- Comfortable working to deadlines, ability to multi-task and carry out ad-hoc work.
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality when handling sensitive data and information.
- Achievement/results orientation; the ability to deliver results with energy and drive, to act decisively.
- Accountability/integrity; taking ownership of business tasks and reliably 'walking the talk'.
- Communication; the ability and confidence to communicate with colleagues across the business.
- Flexible approach to work priorities and hours, ability to manage multiple projects and activities.
- Analytical and interpretative; looking at issues in a logical and objective manner and being able to identify key causes and potential solutions quickly.
Who we are:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.