Sales & Events Coordinator
£11,400 per annum (£19k FTE)
22.5 hours per week
Fixed term until December 2020
Austin Court, Birmingham
We are looking for a Sales and Event Coordinator to join the join our award-winning team in Birmingham!
We are the IET and we inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, we share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. It’s why we are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
We are looking for a friendly, proactive and customer service driven individual to ensure our conference and meeting room provision is delivered to our award-winning standard. You will meet and greet clients at the venue and ensure are looked after and that our events run smoothly. You will also work as part of the sales team by actively promoting our Austin Court Venue, supporting with customer enquiries and coordinating event bookings. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role, or similar roles in reception, front of house and enquiry handling.
This is a great part time role for a venues professional. We are looking for the 22.5 hour working week to fall on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (8am to 4pm). This will be the case most of the time – so you will need to be comfortable with this work pattern, with some flexibility as the needs of the venue and team require it.
Take a look at the day to day responsibilities and key skills below. If you feel you have experience in a number of these areas, please send us your CV for consideration.
If this sounds like the role for you and you are keen to join the IET Family, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Day to Day Responsibilities (summary)
- To manage enquiry desk with incoming calls, e-mails and enquiries from internal and external clients for Conference, Event and Wedding space
- To actively work on the database to ensure all information is correctly loaded and recorded
- To meet and greet clients and go through the daily event agenda and ensure client is satisfied.
- To deal with customer complaints & escalate response accordingly
- Issue client booking contracts as required and ensure they are accurate and returned on time
- Adhere to IET credit policy & ensure this is followed on all bookings
- Ensure all client booking sheets are correct and informative
- Issue accurate and timely invoices for event balances
- Undertake post event feedback calls, logging all feedback whilst looking for future business opportunities for Sales office manager to follow up
- Liaise with caterers to ensure client food orders are placed on a weekly basis
- Undertake front of house duties as required
- To maximise sales and capacity within Austin Court through effective yield management
- Maintain working relationship and knowledge of competitor venues - through regular site visits and networking events
- To attend on occasion sales exhibitions, conferences and networking events
- Conduct and arrange site visits as appropriate
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in similar role
- Well presented with good spoken and written English
- Excellent customer service skills and commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Good time management skills
- Competency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours including evenings and weekends where required
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.